TJ Walker's Secret to Foolproof Presentations

Diskusjon om alt innen kunst og kultur, slik som litteratur, teater, film, musikk og dataspill.

TJ Walker's Secret to Foolproof Presentations

Innlegg Panther 07 Aug 2009, 14:04

http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=5609

by Jean Moroney (August 3, 2009)

Many books offer great advice. Some are so powerful they change your mind on issues you consider settled. Very few are so clear you can learn something about thinking just by reading them. TJ Walker's Secret to Foolproof Presentations is all three.

At first glance, this book appears to be a compendium of answers to frequently-asked questions (FAQ's) about public speaking. The chapters have titles such as "How can I get over stage fright or nervousness?" and "What do I do if I make a mistake or forget what I am about to say?" Each chapter answers the title's question in a clear, direct way.

But that's where the similarity to a typical FAQ ends.

Though the questions come from different perspectives, the answers all come from TJ Walker's. He's a man on a mission to persuade his readers of one thing: "Don't focus on making a bad impression.

Spend your time figuring out how to leave a lasting positive impression." He hits this point in some form in every chapter-- without ever being redundant.

In fact, the book as a whole is a deft dramatization of how to respond to the issues of immediate concern to your audience, while still getting *your* message across in a compelling way.
Ken-G. Johansen.
Brukerens avatar
Panther

Gå til Kunst og kultur

Hvem er i forumet

Brukere som leser i dette forumet: Ingen registrerte brukere og 1 gjest