Illegal Immigration (US)

Diskusjon om politiske temaer fra det internasjonale nyhetsbildet.

Illegal Immigration (US)

Innlegg Panther 28 Apr 2010, 17:18

http://www.capitalismmagazine.com/politics/immigration/5790-Illegal-Immigration-Americas-Cross-Bear.html

Illegal Immigration: America's Cross to Bear
27 April 2010 James Clark

The new anti-illegal immigrant law in Arizona is misguided and Americans need to be realistic about the 20 million undocumented people already here.

When it comes to illegal immigration, I disagree with the “round ‘em up, ship ‘em out” folks and am against the new Arizona law for two broad reasons: For one, the so-called “threat” of illegal immigration is illusory when one looks at the numbers. They are not a bunch of violent criminals and terrorists – in fact the numbers show that they commit crimes at a lower rate than legal American residents because they fear deportation. Secondly, economically, they are a net benefactor to the country. Their work has the effect of reducing production costs and overall increasing the American standard of living.

Illegal immigrants are an albatross of the American political psyche, scapegoats for our frustration with the welfare state. The problems we hear about hospitals losing money because of illegal aliens using emergency rooms are really caused by bad healthcare policy. We forget about the myriad legal residents who use hospitals the same way. The same goes for the bad economy and the recession. The real enemy during a depression is not people who are willing to work for less, but a government that puts so many burdens on employers that qualified people cannot find a job.

The second broad reason as to why I’m against the Arizona law has to do with what such laws force us to become.
Ken-G. Johansen.
Brukerens avatar
Panther

Gå til Utenrikspolitikk

Hvem er i forumet

Brukere som leser i dette forumet: Ingen registrerte brukere og 1 gjest