Syria

Diskusjon om politiske temaer fra det internasjonale nyhetsbildet.

Syria

Innlegg QIQrrr 09 Jul 2010, 17:57

Haaretz, July 8, 2010: At an undisclosed site, the Syrians have erected a factory that produces M-600 missiles, capable of hitting almost any target in Israel. According to the French newsletter Intelligence Online, the factory is a joint Iranian-Syrian venture. Iran funded construction of the site, and supplied the assembly line, the technology and the war doctrine. In return, Syria is committed to provide half of the factory's production - that is, half the missiles - to Hezbollah. A few weeks ago, reports in worldwide media outlets indicated that Syria was smuggling missiles to Hezbollah in Lebanon, in clear violation of the UN Security Council resolution that brought about the end of the Second Lebanon War. The reports, apparently leaked by a source inside Israel intelligence, were later confirmed by the Israeli government. In truth, the term "smuggling" is incorrect. Syria transfers the missiles according to its factory agreement with Iran, but tries to hide the weapons supply from Israeli intelligence and the Israel Air Force, which have been closely following these transfers - Iran is keeping a tight rein on Nasrallah and Hezbollah
Børge Svanstrøm Amundsen

"Atlas was permitted the opinion that he was at liberty, if he wished, to drop the Earth and creep away; but this opinion was all that he was permitted" - Franz Kafka
Brukerens avatar
QIQrrr

Re: Syria

Innlegg QIQrrr 04 Okt 2010, 00:26

Reuters, October 2, 2010: Syrian President Bashar al-Assad assured his Iranian counterpart Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Saturday that their ties were solid -- a view unlikely to please Washington which is working to isolate the Islamic state. "We have stood beside Iran in a brotherly way from the very beginning of the (Iranian Islamic) revolution," Assad said during a one-day visit to Tehran. Ahmadinejad awarded Assad Iran's highest medal of honor in recognition of his support for Palestinians and Lebanon and his resistance to "global arrogance" -- a term which usually refers to the United States and its allies. "We are two governments and nations which are brothers," Ahmadinejad said at the televised ceremony where the two presidents smiled and held their hands aloft for the cameras. Assad said the medal was in appreciation of "the continuing and eternal stance of Syria to be on the side of Iran ... The two countries' close and continuing contacts are in the interest of the region" - Syria's Assad rebuffs Washington by courting Iran

Bilde
Børge Svanstrøm Amundsen

"Atlas was permitted the opinion that he was at liberty, if he wished, to drop the Earth and creep away; but this opinion was all that he was permitted" - Franz Kafka
Brukerens avatar
QIQrrr

Innlegg QIQrrr 20 Okt 2010, 22:39

Haaretz, October 19, 2010: Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter, during a visit to Damascus on Tuesday, called for Israel to lift completely its blockade on the Gaza Strip. Carter made the remarks in the forum of a delegation known as The Elders, who met with Syrian President Bashar Assad and Hamas leaders in Syria. Despite the U.S. and the European Union's labeling of Hamas as a terrorist organization, The Elders met with exiled Hamas politburo leader Khaled Meshal, as Carter has done during previous regional visits - Carter in Syria: Israel must fully lift Gaza blockade

Bilde
Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal, left, embraces former U.S. President Jimmy Carter as former
Irish President Mary Robinson, right, looks on in Damascus, Syria, Tuesday, Oct. 19, 2010.
Børge Svanstrøm Amundsen

Brukerens avatar
QIQrrr

Innlegg QIQrrr 22 Okt 2010, 10:34

Kuwait News Agency (KUNA), October 21, 2010: Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad said his country joined the Bolivarian Alliance for the Americas after signing membership papers Thursday. Al-Assad, at a joint news conference with Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez following their talks, said joining the Alliance would mark a new beginning to boosting partnership with the Alliance in general and Venezuela in particular. He appreciated Chavez' support for Arab causes, as well as his role in Latin America. This is the third meeting between Al-Assad and Chavez in 13 months, and the Syrian president praised the relations with Venezuela - Syria joins Bolivarian Alliance for the Americas

Bilde
Børge Svanstrøm Amundsen

Brukerens avatar
QIQrrr

Innlegg QIQrrr 03 Des 2010, 06:57

The Jerusalem Post, December 3, 2010: A compound in western Syria with buildings and hundreds of missile-shaped items has been identified as functionally related to a nuclear reactor Israel destroyed northeast of Damascus in 2007. Satellite footage of the site in Masyaf was obtained by the Washington-based Institute for Science and International Security and shows a compound built in a ravine and surrounded by what appears to be a line of trenches. While there are no security measures visible in the commercial satellite imagery, ISIS said building a facility in a ravine was a common method of providing general protection and isolation. Several years ago, a military base near Masyaf was mentioned as a possible hiding place for weapons of mass destruction that Saddam Hussein might have sent to Syria before the US-led invasion of Iraq in 2003 - Possible Syrian nuke facility identified by satellite

Børge Svanstrøm Amundsen

Brukerens avatar
QIQrrr

Innlegg OlfyFredrik 03 Aug 2013, 20:41

Syria forbyr crossiant.
Det sprø bakverket er erklært forbudt etter sharialoven i en domstol i Aleppo, nord i Syria.

Crossianten blir ifølge domstolen forbundet med kolonitiden, og er herved forbudt i byen, skriver The Australian.

Syria, som har vært styrt av Baath-partiet siden 1963, er i utgangspunktet en sekulær stat.

Men borgerkrigen som brøt ut for to år siden, har radikalisert deler av befolkningen og åpnet for mer radikal islam, og dette har åpnet for flere nye lover.

Fatwaen som erklærer crossianten «haram», eller ulovlig etter islamsk lov, sier bakverkets halvmåneform er forbundet med Europas seier over muslimer, skriver den arabiske avisen Asharq al-Awsat.

Det verserer flere historier om hvordan crossianten ble til. Én av disse er knytt til et slag der Det ottomanske rikets hær ble hindret av bakere i å angripe Wien.

Ifølge legenden skal fienden ha forberedt seg på å angripe byen midt på natten en gang i 1683, men ble oppdaget av byens bakere, som allerede var oppe.

Crossianten skal ha blitt til for å minnes seieren, og fikk halvmåneformen som et minne om ottomanernes flagg.

Til tross for denne legenden er det ingen som med sikkerhet vet hvordan crossianten ble til. Den er første gang nevnt i franske ordbøker i 180 år senere - i 1863.

http://e24.no/dagens-rare/syria-forbyr-crossiant/21112442
OlfyFredrik

Gå til Utenrikspolitikk

Hvem er i forumet

Brukere som leser i dette forumet: Ingen registrerte brukere og 1 gjest