Sverige

Diskusjon om politiske temaer fra det internasjonale nyhetsbildet.

Sverige

Innlegg Vegard Martinsen 24 Jun 2011, 07:35

http://www.dagen.se/dagen/article.aspx?id=263270

Demokrati inte viktigt för dagens unga

Var fjärde ung svensk tycker att det vore bra om Sverige var odemokratiskt. De ser gärna att en stark, diktatorisk ledare styr landet.

Det här framgår av den senaste World Values Survey-undersökningen i Sverige, enligt vilken många unga svenskar är beredda att sälja sina demokratiska fri- och rättigheter.

- Hela 21 procent av 18-29-åringarna kan tänka sig att byta parti för en mindre summa pengar, skriver statsvetaren och forskningsledaren Staffan I Lindberg i en debattartikel i Dagens Nyheter.

- I den här gruppen finns också en föreställning om att demokrati inte spelar så stor roll. 26 procent tycker att det vore ganska eller mycket bra om Sverige styrdes av en stark ledare som inte behövde bry sig om demokratiska val. Det här är ett hot mot demokratins grundvalar.

Lindberg skriver att i denna grupp av unga medborgare finns en föreställning om att det inte spelar så stor roll om de lever i en demokrati eller inte.

- För nästan 23 procent av 18-29-åringarna är detta inte så viktigt. 26 procent tycker att det vore ganska eller mycket bra om Sverige styrdes av en "stark ledare som inte behöver bry sig om riksdagen eller val". De äldre i Sverige som haft diktaturer in på livet har en helt annan bild av värdet av demokrati. För 97 procent av dem är det mycket viktigt att de lever i ett demokratiskt styrt land.

World Values Survey (WVS) är den kanske största globala studien av människors värderingar och attityder. Fem omgångar av globala undersökningar har genomförts sedan 1981.

Riksbankens Jubileumsfond finansierar WVS-projektet i Sverige. Forsknings­ledare är docent Bi Puranen i samarbete med docent Staffan I. Lindberg som är forskningsledare vid Statsvetenskapliga institutionen, Göteborgs universitet. Projektledare för WVS vid Göteborgs universitet är professorerna Bo Rothstein och Sören Holmberg
Vegard Martinsen

Re: Sverige

Innlegg QIQrrr 26 Jun 2011, 17:24

En positiv trend:

The Local, June 26, 2011: Only 14 percent of Swedes currently consider the environment to be among our most important problems, reports daily newspaper Svenska Dagbladet. This is the lowest figure since 2006, and far behind the record-high figures of the late eighties, when Swedes' environmental involvement truly boomed. Green Party leader Gustav Fridolin believes the responsibility for this diminished interest lies with politicians who fail to prioritize the issue. "We don't make sure to build new train tracks, which makes it look as though the climate issue wasn't so important," he told TV channel TV4 - Swedes' environmental interest plummets: report
Børge Svanstrøm Amundsen

"Atlas was permitted the opinion that he was at liberty, if he wished, to drop the Earth and creep away; but this opinion was all that he was permitted" - Franz Kafka
Brukerens avatar
QIQrrr

Innlegg Holm 28 Jun 2011, 18:41

"Kjønnsnøytral" barnehage i Sverige.

http://www.dagbladet.no/2011/06/28/nyheter/utenriks/kjonnsdebatt/17087289/

Om vi er ute og går og kommer til en fotgjengerovergang, så sier vi «grønt» eller «rødt menneske», og ikke «grønn» eller «rød mann».

Barnehagen heter "Egalia"....
"I hate conservatives, but I really f**king hate liberals."
Holm

Innlegg QIQrrr 02 Nov 2011, 13:36

The Local, November 1, 2011: The recent acquittal by Sweden's Supreme Court of a man charged with attempted murder because he claimed he was “too intoxicated” to remember the incident, has been slammed by legal experts. The man, who stabbed two people, claimed he was too intoxicated to recall exactly what he had done. As a result, the Supreme Court ruled that he couldn't have had the intent required to be convicted of attempted murder. In the precedent setting ruling issued on September 16th, the court instead believed the man should be convicted of aggravated assault, rather than attempted murder, after using a 24 centimetre-long kitchen knife to stab two people in the face, neck, and chest. “A group of judges on the Supreme Court (Högsta Domstolen - HD) have elevated intoxication to an excuse,” write criminal law professors Madeleine Leijonhufvud and Suzanne Wennberg in an opinion article published on Tuesday in the Svenska Dagbladet (SvD) newspaper - 'Suspects can claim they were drunk and go free'
Børge Svanstrøm Amundsen

"Atlas was permitted the opinion that he was at liberty, if he wished, to drop the Earth and creep away; but this opinion was all that he was permitted" - Franz Kafka
Brukerens avatar
QIQrrr

Innlegg QIQrrr 10 Jan 2012, 02:47

The Local, January 8, 2012: Following the recent spate of killings in Malmö, politicians have promised changes in Sweden's current weapons laws to curb the violence. According to some court's interpretation of current laws, criminals can actually receive milder sentences because they operate in gang environments, the Sydsvenskan daily reported. "One can be especially vulnerable when living in a dangerous environment and therefore have personal reasons to be armed," reasoned a judge in a case in 2009 where the minimum penalty was issued to a man who had an automatic pistol in his belt, according to prosecutor Jan Pernvi - Swedish courts 'go easy' on gun-toting gangsters
Børge Svanstrøm Amundsen

Brukerens avatar
QIQrrr

Innlegg QIQrrr 25 Jan 2012, 16:54

Sveriges Radio, January 24, 2012: A Czech investigator is expected to visit Sweden to search for evidence of bribery in connection to that country's purchase of Swedish JAS Gripen fighters. Several countries are cooperating in the effort to gather evidence. The defence and security company Saab AB manufacturers the JAS Gripen. The Czech investigator will meet Gunnar Stetler, the chief prosecutor in the Swedish corruption unit. "If I find enough evidence to believe that a decision maker at Saab has participated in this then of course I will take action," Stetler tells news agency TT. In addition, Stetler has been considering launching a preliminary investigation into South Africa's purchase of JAS Gripens fighters. In June, Saab announced that its earlier partner, British BAE systems, had paid out millions to a South African government advisor in 2003 and 2004. Saab said it was unaware the bribery took place. The information led to a new investigation in South Africa and Stetler is expecting more visits from that country as well. There has also been suspicion of bribery in JAS Gripen deals with Hungary and Austria - Czech to seach for JAS Gripen bribery evidence
Børge Svanstrøm Amundsen

Brukerens avatar
QIQrrr

Innlegg QIQrrr 07 Mai 2012, 14:30

The Local, May 7, 2012: Six of ten local politicians in Sweden doubt whether human activity is to blame for global warming, a new study has found. In addition, one out of ten municipal politicians and local government managers totally deny that the phenomenon of global warming even exists, according to a survey carried out by the Swedish Defence Research Agency (Försvarets forskningsinstitutet – FOI). "This is clearly not good. These people feel like they don't have to take responsibility for environmental work in their municipalities," FOI's head of climate and energy research, Annika Carlsson-Kanyama, told the Dagens Nyheter (DN) newspaper. The findings come from a survey carried out by FOI looking into how local decision-makers in Sweden view the issue of climate change. According to Carlsson-Kanyama, global warming represents a threat to Sweden's national security and must be treated seriously - Swedish politicos 'don't buy climate change'
Børge Svanstrøm Amundsen

Brukerens avatar
QIQrrr

Gå til Utenrikspolitikk

Hvem er i forumet

Brukere som leser i dette forumet: Ingen registrerte brukere og 1 gjest