The Green Religion

Diskusjon om andre ideologier, slik som sosialdemokrati, sosialisme og konservatisme.

The Green Religion

Innlegg Panther 19 Nov 2010, 20:42

http://www.capitalismmagazine.com/science/environment/green-movement/6149-religion-turns-green.html

Religion Turns Green
17 November 2010 Michael Hurd

If the government outlawed or (in effect the same thing) made energy use too expensive for many to enjoy, as with the Obama-supported cap and trade bill, we would soon revert to a far less comfortable time than the advocates of environmentalism enjoy.

It's remarkable how you can do more and more things online. Paying bills, for example, can be "paperless." With the stroke of a few computer keys, you can pay all your bills without the use of mail, paper or pens.

The self-consciously "green" love to brag about how they're going paperless. But what made this possible: The righteous condemnation of capitalism and profit spawned by the "green" movement? Or did capitalism itself make it possible?

Remember that the Internet as we know it did not come about because of a government directive or a National Technology Board who decided it would be so. Nobody who works in the government would ever show such creativity, and no politically motivated body would ever care about financial profit. Politicians only care about the "profit" of naked power. It's sad, it’s infuriating, but it’s also a little humorous to watch educated people go through their lives with an air of sophistication and self-satisfaction for being "green" when, in fact, the very things that made that "greenery" possible or meaningful are the very things that whole ideology condemns at the core: capitalism.

In the end, people need and want to be comfortable, to thrive and survive. When push comes to shove, they'll reject the ideology of environmentalism, in practice, as much as they scream "I'm green!" in the process.
Ken-G. Johansen.
Brukerens avatar
Panther

Gå til Andre ideologier

Hvem er i forumet

Brukere som leser i dette forumet: Ingen registrerte brukere og 2 gjester