Integritet og gråsoner

Diskusjon om psykologi, epistemologi og metafysikk (fri vilje, begrepsdannelse, o.l.).

Innlegg ChristianHovden 22 Jun 2005, 16:33

PAR:
"Grunnleggende liberalistiske ideologiske ideer om tråd-organisering"

Jeg har i mange år drømt om et slikt forum, jeg tror det er større interesse for et slikt forum enn et rent liberalistisk forum, jeg mener; med et slikt forum kan vi jo endelig få diskutert det som virkelig er interessant! :)
Mvh
Christian
ChristianHovden

Being Yourself is Practical

Innlegg Panther 02 Jul 2011, 11:52

http://www.capitalismmagazine.com/culture/living/self-improvement/6465-being-yourself-is-practical.html

1 July 2011 Michael Hurd

Should I live with integrity, and risk my practical income; or should I have a good income, but compromise on my integrity?

Dr. Hurd: I have a question for you. I really admire how outspoken and honest you are about your political, philosophical, and psychological views, such as in the Daily Dose of Reason. I have enjoyed and learned from your writings for years, and have immense respect for your courage and honesty in expressing your views so explicitly, eloquently, and without compromising on your principles.

I would like to start expressing my views more explicitly. However, I am concerned about how this will impact my business. I live in a very liberal area (in the SF Bay area), and I know what I write will turn off and anger a lot of people. Personally, I don't care if they disagree with me or hate me for what I write. What I'm concerned about is not having enough clients to sustain my business.

I wonder if you would be willing to share with me how expressing your views so openly has impacted your career/business as a psychologist. I think you've mentioned in your writing that you also live in a very liberal area. How does this impact your business? Are there benefits business-wise to being open about your views?

Dr. Hurd replies: The implication of the question you're asking is: Should I live with integrity, and risk my practical income; or should I have a good income, but compromise on my integrity?
Ken-G. Johansen.
Brukerens avatar
Panther

Forrige

Gå til Grunnleggende ideer

Hvem er i forumet

Brukere som leser i dette forumet: Ingen registrerte brukere og 1 gjest