Priser i gull

Diskusjon om psykologi, epistemologi og metafysikk (fri vilje, begrepsdannelse, o.l.).

Re: Priser i gull

Innlegg QIQrrr 24 Sep 2012, 12:24

Rabobank varsler såkalt agflasjon:

Rabobank, September 20, 2012: Skyrocketing agricultural commodity prices are causing the world to re-enter a period of "agflation", with food prices forecast to reach record highs in 2013 and to continue to rise well into Q3 2013. [...] Current price inflation is the result of weather driven events in large exporting nations, principally a severe drought in the US (its worst since 1936) and similar water shortages in Russia and South America. This rally in grain and oilseed prices will have a significant knock-on effect on other F&A supply chains especially the animal protein industry, resulting in rising meat prices - Rabobank report: Agflation to hit animal protein and dairy industries

Det amerikanske landbruksdepartementet kan imidlertid opplyse at:

Farm and Dairy, September 12, 2012: Globally, USDA is still projecting the second-largest corn crop in history. Production in Argentina is up more than 30 percent over last year, while Mexico increased output 19 percent, South Africa 17 percent, Canada 9 percent, and China 4 percent. At 2.71 billion metric tons, USDA is also expecting the total 2012-2013 grain supply (coarse grains, wheat, and rice) to be the second-largest ever - Yields are down, but still the eighth largest corn crop nationally

Og som tidligere nevnt:

Priced in Gold: The UN Food and Agriculture Office tracks prices of food around the world, converts local prices to US Dollars, and calculates an index with 100 being the average for 2002-2004. Prices for meats, cereals, oils/fats, dairy and sugar make up the components of the index, which is updated monthly. Of course all the currencies used to quote these prices are being depreciated by their governments, just as the US dollar is. And as this depreciation accelerates, so do the apparent "rises" in the cost of food. But is food really getting more expensive? Of course not! Technology and capital are being applied to reduce the cost of growing and shipping food everywhere in the world, every day. As pests are controlled, machinery makes agriculture more efficient, and world markets make more bounty available to everyone, prices fall naturally. Of course bad weather, bad government policy and other problems can create short term shortages, but over all, prices have been falling for a long time, and show no signs of reversing. As you can see on the chart below, they have just bounced off their record lows! What is happening though, is that governments are destroying the purchasing power of money, making prices appear to rise, and making it hard for families to gather enough of the rapidly depreciating stuff to buy the food they need. Expect this trend to continue for years to come - FAO Food Price Index in gold from January 1990 to present

Bilde
Børge Svanstrøm Amundsen

"Atlas was permitted the opinion that he was at liberty, if he wished, to drop the Earth and creep away; but this opinion was all that he was permitted" - Franz Kafka
Brukerens avatar
QIQrrr

Innlegg QIQrrr 11 Okt 2012, 07:00

Priced in Gold, October 10, 2012: Currencies were weak this week, with the EUR treading water up 0.1%, while the USD and CAD fell 0.4% and 0.6% respectively. The weakest of the bunch was the JPY, down 1.5%. This week I am starting to include coverage of Bitcoin (BTC). As you can see from the chart below, bitcoin has had a meteoric rise over during the last two years since its introduction, though this has been punctuated by sharp declines. This volatility is caused by the currency's youth: it is being adopted by thousands of new users each week, and this a rising demand is pushing its value up. But any time there is a rumor of a theft or concern about a government crackdown, the value can tumble sharply. This week, BTC is the only currency to show much strength, and over the last month, and the last year, it outshines all other investment categories - Market Update 5 Oct 2012 – Bitcoin, Coffee and Crude

Bilde
Børge Svanstrøm Amundsen

"Atlas was permitted the opinion that he was at liberty, if he wished, to drop the Earth and creep away; but this opinion was all that he was permitted" - Franz Kafka
Brukerens avatar
QIQrrr

Innlegg QIQrrr 13 Aug 2013, 10:22

Online Trading Academy, August 9, 2013: Having a common denominator is a key factor in tracking asset values over time. Charles Vollum, owner of PricedInGold.com joins Merlin and John to talk about his website which is devoted to tracking a wide variety of assets using gold as the denominator. From housing prices to college education, the trio take a look at some charts which really drive home the erosion of our global purchasing power with the dollar - Pricing Things in Gold with Charles Vollum

Børge Svanstrøm Amundsen

Brukerens avatar
QIQrrr

Forrige

Gå til Grunnleggende ideer

Hvem er i forumet

Brukere som leser i dette forumet: Ingen registrerte brukere og 2 gjester