Ayn Rand

Diskusjon om psykologi, epistemologi og metafysikk (fri vilje, begrepsdannelse, o.l.).

Ayn Rand

Innlegg Panther 11 Aug 2011, 08:34

http://www.capitalismmagazine.com/culture/6537-ayn-rand-s-critics-attack-straw-men-while-leaving-ayn-rand-s-ideas-sadly-unexamined.html

Ayn Rand's Critics
11 August 2011 James Valliant

Ayn Rand's critics attack straw men while leaving Ayn Rand's ideas sadly unexamined.

Ayn Rand is hot right now. Sizzling hot. As government grows more intrusive, and our freedom shrinks, her novels, The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged, are selling at an unprecedented clip. Given today’s headlines, it is easy to see why.

Less easy to understand is the remarkable level of ignorance about Rand’s philosophy, Objectivism.

Can anyone doubt the truth of writer David Mamet’s recent comments about arguing politics? Defining what he meant by “Brain Dead Liberalism,” he suggested that unless you can state your opponent’s position with such accuracy that he or she would agree, “Yes, that’s what I think,” no meaningful debate is even possible. The left’s inability to meet this requirement, he explained to Andrew Napolitano on his show Freedom Watch, helped move him to the political right.

Yet, in the case of Ayn Rand, this is precisely what has been missing.
Ken-G. Johansen.
Brukerens avatar
Panther

Gå til Grunnleggende ideer

Hvem er i forumet

Brukere som leser i dette forumet: Ingen registrerte brukere og 1 gjest